Clubs List by Year Group
Current PE Clubs
List of Pledges
Whilst academic success is very important, at Shoreham Academy we believe that there is more to a good education.
As well as ensuring our students succeed in exams, we aim to develop character, compassion and service. Throughout their time at Shoreham Academy, students are expected to contribute to our school community and to society. We want students to try things they cannot do, to persist in the face of difficulty and to become resilient in overcoming obstacles.
With this in mind, we provide a breadth of opportunities and experiences which seek to help our students become confident, well-rounded and ambitious young adults. Our curriculum and enrichment programme is overflowing with opportunities to try something new and develop new skills. In addition to our very wide range of extracurricular clubs, our students enjoy university visits, talks by inspirational speakers from the worlds of medicine, law and business, as well as countless opportunities to collaborate with their peers at United Learning schools across the country.
We are incredibly proud to deliver an Education with Character; an education which challenges, inspires and excites our students, and prepares them for the ups and downs of life.
Extra-curricular involvement is an essential part of a well-rounded education and it is vital that our students demonstrate their wider interests and desire to help others. Demonstrating involvement in these activities can hugely increase your child's chances of getting a place at university or getting the job of their choice. Evidence of their involvement can be included in Personal Statements and CVs when applying for jobs.
Shoreham Academy Experience Pledges
1) Regularly attend an after Academy activity
2) Represent the Academy at a sporting, cultural or academic event
3) Take part in an outdoor adventurous activity
4) Attend a national sporting or cultural event, or a performance at a major venue
5) Take part in a major Academy production or event
6) Take part in a formal presentation to an audience using ICT/multimedia
7) Lead on a significant event, presentation or activity
8) Be actively involved in an international experience
9) Be actively involved in some form of community, volunteering or fund-raising experience
10) Contribute to environmental sustainability or international development