SEN (Special Educational Needs)
The Inclusion and Learning Support department at Shoreham Academy is committed to the principles of equality and inclusion. The inclusion team are dedicated to supporting students with SEND.
DIRECTOR OF INCLUSION - Mrs M Edwards email@example.com
SENCO - Mrs H Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
The Inclusion and Learning Support department at Shoreham Academy is committed to the principles of equality and inclusion. The inclusion team are dedicated to supporting students with SEND:
- Shoreham Academy aims to enable our students with special educational needs to reach their full potential.
- We aim to provide for any SEND students by identifying their needs and utilising resources and strategies where appropriate. Such interventions are part of a “graduated approach” as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice of 2014.
- Central to the work of every class and every subject is a continuous cycle of planning, teaching, assessment, and evaluation that takes account of the wide range of abilities, aptitudes, and interests of the students.
- These interventions are additional to or different from those provided as part of the school’s usual differentiated curriculum.
- This intervention is described as School Support.
- Quality first teaching is at the forefront of our student’s provision whom are taught by staff regularly updated on SEND policy and Practise.
- Please refer to our SEND policy (see above link) for more details.