Are you missing out on money you are entitled to?
Every year we are concerned that there are parents missing out on money they are entitled to claim for free school meals (FSM). The application process is simple and absolutely confidential. We can offer personalized advice and assistance with applications.
Every child registered to receive FSM will be given an automatic top up on their dining account of £2.50 to pay for a meal each day. Money is credited in the same manner as a parent paying into the account and parents can add to the FSM allocation if they choose to. A healthy meal each day helps students both learn and achieve.
The Academy uses FSM entitlement as a key indicator in deciding where other financial assistance may be given. If parents are entitled to FSM but don't apply, the Academy cannot assess their eligibility. Students receiving FSM might further benefit from grants to pay for musical instrument tuition or assistance in payment for enrichment trips.
When students join our sixth form, if they are claiming FSM they will automatically be eligible for a sixth form bursary plus entitlement to apply for further support.
Parents may be eligible for FSM if they receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals Information WSCC - Click Here
Older students who receive Income Support or income-based Job Seeker's Allowance in their own right qualify as well.