At Shoreham Academy, if a student decides that an apprenticeship is the best post-18 pathway for them, we will fully support them with their choice. We do this in different ways:
1. All Information found on VLE Firefly click here which explains what apprenticeships are and how to apply.
2. We advertise local vacancies and support careers both within the sixth form and virtually through our VLE. We connect with students with opportunities such as the ones shown here
3. We advertise apprenticeships related events and host presentations from West Sussex County Council representatives delivered by external speakers and current apprentices
4. We have a dedicated apprenticeship board with vacancies and useful information which is regularly updated
5. We provide one-to-one support with both their personal mentor and a qualified careers advisor to help support students to research potential apprenticeships
6. We hold employability week in year 12, in which we provide interview practice for all students. This is tailored to each students chosen destination be it higher education, employment or an apprenticeship
7. We provide compulsory work experience and support for all students with their applications, CV, cover letters and interview preparation.
8. We also provide external speakers such as West Sussex County council to our Open Evening for year 11 students to meet and discuss apprenticeship options.