Following the formation of Shoreham Academy in 2009/2010, members of the Parent Teacher Association reviewed the role and purpose of the PTA to see whether it should review its aims and objectives. It was decided to rename the PTA, 'Friends of Shoreham Academy' or FoSA.
Aims & Objectives of FoSA
The three key aims for FoSA are:
To positively promote Shoreham Academy within the local community
- To act as a liaison between parents/guardians and teachers on general school matters
- To raise funds for the benefit of the Shoreham Academy school community and local charities
The FoSA Committee
Chair - Sarah Harber and Kath Bolsover
- Secretary - Sue Kidd
- Treasurer - Nicky Buckman
- Committee members - Hayley Hill, Wendy Harman, Jane Williams, Jayne Steel, Susan Kidd, Nova Saunders, Kim Whipp, Louise Jackson, Michelle Court, Kerry Bradley, Philly Herring, Coco Swanson, Laura Brown, Katrine Boyten, Anita Johal, Jenny Rutterford, Adam Sauertery, Kally Archer, Kathy Coppard, Lou Gardiner, Rajni Palmer, Tracey Smith and Donna Churchill
Our growing team of parent volunteers has successfully enhanced events held at the school in the last year, these have included;
- Open Evenings
- Rewards Evening
- Band Night
- Smile Concert
- Year 7 Transition Disco
- Sports Awards Evening
- Quiz night
- Helped students put together hampers for the community at Christmas time
We have been proud to donate money to the P.E. department to purchase among other items some dresses for the netball team, we have also supported the music department in purchasing music t-shirts.
Volunteering with FoSA is not just about serving tea & coffee, and we do not expect members to help at every event, sometimes it is your ideas that are just as valuable.
If you are interested in joining FoSA, please attend one of our meetings, the dates are listed under Forthcoming Events.